Friday, July 3, 2009

za 4

well week 2 is down and i think i am pretty much fully comfortable in Dzwerani. *That is the name of the village i am in)
So last night was very entertaining. there are 3 guys who are technically not apart of the family but work for the family and are at my house everyday... so basically they are family. I love them. They are so much fun... (all three of them run with me now, my running club grows even bigger) so last night they insisted that i take pictures while they killed the 2 chickens for dinner. I have to admit at first i was a little freaked out... but i think eveyone should know where their food somes from. And then they proceeded to teach me how to clean the chicken.... everyday is an experiance. I am telling you there is nothing as good as this chicken, fresh home grown .. can't beat it. The fruit and veggies are the same way, all organic and fresh... so good. Eat your heart out .
My house does have elecricity and a stove, but we still have a open fire out back everynight. most dinners are cooked out there. and then best part is we all sit around together and laugh and act out stories. Even though i can understand everything, i have really enjoyed being apart of it!
more soon.

2 comments:

  1. way to go Christa! It sounds like you are doing really well considering all the obstacles between you and easy communication. I know how easy you make it to get along. Enjoying all the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know you are doing well! I will definitely keep checking in!

    ReplyDelete