Thursday, July 30, 2009

Jika Majika!

Jika Majika is by far my favorite show on TV that we watch. it is only on once a week, or at least i think so. It is like the old american show where people went on and danced.
This is basically a 8 person dance off over the course of the half hour show. There is always a guest judge.. some S. Africa dancer/ coreographer etc. And 8 people are picked out of the audience to show their skillz. AWESOME.
they dance to the local dance music which i am bring home and there is also a specific style that they dance. Yes i will be bringing these dance moves home... i am goign to try and get a DVD of some street performances so learn/ show you all.

My mom maria i have realized is preetty much the go to lady in our village. She gets people what they need, helps everyone, raises extra children, employees those who are willing to work and loans money out. Basically she doesnt sleep.
But the other day i was hanging out by the fire with my sister. Maria had Maduvah enter all the names of the people and the amount peopel owed in a book. there were at least 15+ names and she knew how much everyone owed her.. how she can retain all of these numbers , plus the intrest. yoh! i am impressed.

I had a set of traditional clothes made for me... and yesterday they were dropped off! This was a big day at the house. Everyone was laughing and clapping in excitement. Oh yes dont you worry i will be wearing these out on the town. I love them.. and i of course had them made out of my favorite color. Aqua Blue... surprise surprise.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your time there. I am so jealous of the experience you are having. Be safe and can't wait to talk to you.
    a

    ReplyDelete