Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mmmm popcorn

So as i have told you everything , for the most part, here is very inexpensive. The volunteers and i all walk around in shock... really that is all i spent for all of this! for example one of the girls had a skirt made for her, that day, and i think it was $20! But my recent treat is popcorn, fresh with oil and salt... and the great thing here they add peanuts with it too... so every bag has a few peanuts as well. yum. So a few of the female volunteers and i have really enjoyed just walking around the town on "shopping spreas" you can get a new pair of heals for less than $20. I have not found any yet but.. i am keeping my eye out ;)

Speaking of shoes. As can be expected roads here are rough, since none in my village are paved and i walk everywhere.. half hour to and from school. so both Dansko and Chaco's are getting a big two thumbs up from me. I can walk all over, and they are holding up but better yet, my feet dont hurt. So upon arrive in the US i am going to see if they can sponsor me for my next trip since i am testing out their product for them.

New discovery ! Double and Triple bananas. I have never seen these in my life. So here yes they exist. It is not two bananas attached at the top. these are attached on the side... and when you peal them.. it peals as one and you have three seperate bananas in one. i was pretty excited.

Despite discovering some corruption in the school i am trying to forge ahead. It has been a really hard week. But i am remembering that i am here for the students and i can't let my feelings about how some things are handled here, interfere with my teaching. onward and upward

No comments:

Post a Comment