Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yoh!

Contrary to popular belief, africa actually get quite cold. The houses here... well in my village do not have insulation. It is just brick outside and concrete walls on the inside. Remeber i have no ceiling so any heat which is inside the house... rises straight to the top of the house... it can get to 32 degrees outside...yoh! At night when i am sleeping i am getting really good at bundling myself in blankets to keep warm... i do have to admit i really miss my down comforter.

Then when i get up at 5:15 to bath for school... it is so cold in the house the last thing i want to do is sit in a tub with very little warm water to splash on myself... lets not even get started about the days when i have to wash my hair... yikes! but usually but afternoon the sun comes out and it is nice.. actually lovely!

so one of my favorite thigns lately has been how everyone here get freaked out when my skin turns red from the sun ... "Do you need to go to the doctor..."
I have been assuring them, no really i am fine i just get this way in the sun.. this is then followed by lots of very strange looks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment