Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Onward and Upward... literally, AK here I come

Well, after several great months in Chicago, reconnecting with High school friends, meet great new ones and being closer to family... I got the itch again, I had to take off. As most of you know, I am off to Cordova, Alaska for 3 months of living in a tent, using a pit toilet and having a shower some where in town... oh and getting to take tourist around on a glacier ! ( I am pretty sure I might have a rougher living situation than what i had in S africa.., ha)



I will be working as a glacier hike guide along with 5 other guides who are also raft guides. I also just received my Commercial Vehicle Drivers License (CDL) so that i can drive the bus, yes I will be sure to get a picture of me with my hot ride!



I dont believe I will have much phone access but I will try and keep you all up to date on stories from the summer. I am sure plenty of entertaining things will happen for me to write about. So enjoy feel free to comment those were my favorite last summer! and as always please please pardon my poor spelling, casual writing style and overall lack of care given to typos and grammar!



PS- thanks to Patagonia for hiring me so that I could A. hear about this gig and B. supply me with 90% of my clothing.



Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! back to the blog. Can't wait to read all about your escapades, and SEE PICTURES. You are living on top of the world how cool is that.

    ReplyDelete