Friday, August 13, 2010

Bears.. oh my!

The fish have started to run, basically they have made their way up the rivers . So as you drive on one of the only roads in Cordova, we pass heaps of fisher people out there shoulder to shoulder fishing right off the side of the road.

But where there is fish there are bears. Oh and the berries are also out. Bears also like berries. Everyone's sighting of bears have gone up. I dont mind bears as long as I am in the car or the bear is far away. The other day I was taking some clients on the rain forest hike, as we were just driving over the hill to the trail head... baby bear run across the road up the trail we were going to use. Going being the operative word.. because where there is baby bear there is a mama bear. So quick change of plans we went to a different trail.

The next day we were having dinner at our friends house and turns out , Dane, was charged twice on the trail! Yikes...and everyone who has been on the trail recently talks about how you can smell the bears etc. So needless to say I wont be taking clients on that trail! I am hoping to not be charged by a bear while I am here.. though I have been told it is inevitable...here is hoping not!

No comments:

Post a Comment